There are eight committees at St Andrews. Each committee is chaired by a church member.
Christian Education chaired by Mark Constant
The responsibilities of this committee include: Sunday school, Youth programs, Vacation Bible School, Bible Studies and the selection of the Youth leaders and teachers.
Congregation Nurture chaired by Sharon Box
This committee deals with anything food related, for example, our monthly carry-in lunch, meetings where food is served. They know the kitchen!
Deacons chaired by Jackie Nelson
Deacons are ordained by the church and have a term limit. They visit the sick and are responsible for our donations to Christian Ministries. They also refer those who need help to Christian Ministries.
Finance chaired by Scott Shockley
Stewardship campaign, budgets and working with the treasurer comprise this committees’ responsibilities.
Fellowship Committee co-chaired by Jackie Bakken and MaryAnn Marlow
Whatever can be done to bring the congregation together for fun and fellowship
is what this committee does.
House Committee chaired by Fred Cler
Taking care of the church building and its furnishings are the responsibility of the House committee.
The mission committee is the outreach arm of our church. It works within the church as well as in the community, country and world.
The Mission committee currently works with:
- The Muncie Mission – on various projects depending upon what is needed.
- The Salvation Army – by monthly collecting food for their pantry giving baskets of food at Thanksgiving and bell ringing.
- Christian Ministries – projects as needed holds a Presbyterian church Day of Caring where we reach out to neighbors, friends and others who need a helping hand.
In the future it is planned:
- to have an Angel Tree with Salvation Army where we purchase gifts for different family members in the community
- to collect donations on Pentecost Sunday for the Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services
- to participate in the Fall Meijer Simply Give Campaign
- to have a blanket Drive in September and October
Worship committee chaired by Stephanie Haney
Services, music and special services are the responsibility of this committee.
Questions? Contact us at (765) 282-6466!